High School Graduation Program
The British Columbia High School Graduation Program awards the prestigious Dogwood Graduation Certificate to all successful graduates from Comox Valley Schools and the Comox Valley International Student Program. The High School Graduation Program is for international students who are serious about their education and academic future. Become fully integrated with Canadian students and teachers for several years (minimum of 2 years required) to complete your Dogwood Graduation Certificate requirements. All instruction is based on the British Columbia Public Schools Curriculum and includes English, Mathematics, Social Studies (Canadian history), Science, Physical Education and English as a second language if required.
The Comox Valley International Student Program’s High School Graduation Program has the benefit of an exclusive International Student Program Support Teacher (ISPST). ISPST’s have English Second Language (ESL) certification, are 100% dedicated to international students, instruct several specialized classes and counsel international students to ensure graduation requirements are achieved.
- Elective classes catered to your interests and continuing education goals or work
- British Columbia Government approved graduation certificate, examinations and courses
- Post-Secondary application counseling and assistance
- Philosophy that supports academic excellence and quality
- Integration into a traditional Canadian High School environment
- Full Year – September to June annually (recommended)
- Semester 1 – September to January annually
- Semester 2 – February to June annually
- ALL students MUST attend the International Student Program’s Orientation Day, which takes place 3 days prior to program start during a student’s first year of enrolment