The Comox Valley International Student Program understands the importance of the Homestay experience for student success. Our homestay program is managed in-house through our Program Office.
Our coordinators are committed to doing everything possible to ensure a positive homestay experience for each visiting student and host because we believe Homestay families are a vital part of your international student experience.
Our dedicated, full-time Homestay Coordinators carefully select, screen, interview and coach homestay families to ensure a warm and supportive home setting.
Our host families play an important role in helping students learn English and understand Canadian culture.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM YOUR HOST FAMILY
- A private bedroom
- Three wholesome meals a day and snacks as required
- A quiet, adequately lit and heated study space
- Hot water and facilities for daily bathing
- Laundry (you may be expected to do your own laundry)
- Emotional support if you feel homesickness, are having difficulties at school, etc.
- Academic support (help with homework if possible, communication with teachers, etc.)
- Inclusion in family outings, trips to restaurants, special occasions, recreational activities
- Access to the common living areas of the house