Program costs for all international students are quoted upon request. For information about electronic transfer of funds and/or permissible credit card payment of certain fees, please contact us.
For a full school year international student are required to cover the cost of:
- Application fee
- Host family placement fee
- Monitoring fee for an elementary aged student in homestay (grade 6 and 7 students)
- Homestay family room and board
- Medical insurance
- Activities fee
All international student fees for new and returning students must be paid, in full, three (3) months in advance of a students program start date. For example, if a student is starting school on September 1, all fees should be received by the CVISP by June 1. All Comox Valley International Student Program fees are payable to: Comox Valley International Student Program.
From time to time additional fees may be incurred by students in the Comox Valley International Student Program. These fees could be:
- Study permit renewals
- Homestay placement change fee
- Interpreter fee for a visiting parent(s)
- Interpreter fee
- Unaccompanied minor status fee, plus administrative fee
- Natural parent(s) landing service
- Meet and Greet Service fee
- Transcript validation fee (if applicable)
Health insurance is mandatory for international students in British Columbia. Therefore, the Comox Valley International Student Program requires all its students to purchase a private medical insurance plan through our office. If you are registered for the Graduation Program, you will be enrolled in the British Columbia Medical Services Plan (MSP). Contact our office if you are a long term student and/or registered in the Graduation Program for more information.
In the event that an international student does not come to Canada or decides not to attend or to leave Comox Valley School District’s International Program, the following terms will apply:
- The application fee is non-refundable in any circumstance.
- For students in their first year of participation in the Comox Valley School District International Student Program, the following will apply:
- The full tuition fee, less the application fee, will be refunded upon receipt of satisfactory evidence that the Study Permit was not approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC):
- Forty five percent (45%) of the tuition fee, less the application fee and homestay placement fee, will be refunded if the student withdraws prior to commencement of the program;
- No tuition refund will be granted, for any reason, if the student withdraws after 30 calendar days of commencing the program.
- If a student indicates they will be returning to the Comox Valley School District’s International Student Program for a second or subsequent year and withdraws prior to commencing the second or subsequent year, the following will apply:
- Forty five percent (45%) of the annual tuition fee will be refunded if he/she withdraw from the program prior to June 30 of the year in which they second or subsequent year of studies is to commence; and
- no refund will be provided for any withdrawal after June 30 of the year in which the second or subsequent year of studies is to commence.
- No refund will be provided if a student is dismissed from the program because of a violation of the International Student Agreement.
- In certain circumstances an international fee paying student may become eligible to become a non-fee paying student upon their parent or guardian becoming ordinary resident(s) in British Columbia. A student may only change their status from fee-paying to non-fee paying before September 30 of the applicable school year. No refund of tuition will be provided to any student whose status changes after September 30 of the applicable school year.